Anyone interested in treating the cause of their allergic disease, instead of just temporarily managing symptoms, can consider allergy drops. Although most allergy sufferers can benefit from allergy drops, they’re especially ideal for people who can’t tolerate or don’t respond to allergy shots, as well as those who are unable to commit to other therapies and long-term medication use. These people include:
- Infants and children*
- People with highly sensitive conditions including EoE
- Those who don’t like needles
- Those with chronic conditions including sinusitis and eczema
- Those with food and mold allergies
- Those with multiple allergies including dust mites, pollen, foods, and animals
* Allergy drops have proven especially helpful for children with eczema and recurrent ear infections, which often have underlying allergic causes. Research shows that many children with untreated eczema and allergies often develop asthma and other chronic conditions later in life, so treating them early can have life-long benefits and may prevent development of other allergies and asthma.